Sunday, March 13, 2011

Tong Fong Fatt Hainanese Boneless Chicken Rice - ABC Brickworks


Tong Fong Fatt is perhaps the most successful and famous hainanese Chicken rice franchise. You cna find these stall in a lot of Hawker centers, like Maxwell, Golden Shoe Carpark, etc etcc.. I tried this one in ABC Brickworks at Jalan Bukit Merah.
I was first skeptical about trying a Chicken rice Franchise, i love those mom and pop stores that makes their own chicken on the premises. I know this place gets it from a commisary.
Anyway, i took the chance and ordered me a chicken rice meal for 3.50SGD and it looks like this..

I like it that they seperate everything.
THe chicken was served without bones, flattened and sliced.
then doused with a sauce that has a strong sesame oil base..so if you dont like sesame oil, better tell them not to put sauce anymore. It was tender and juicy.
The rice was also nice..though a bit dry,
i like it that the grains are whole and not smashed or crumbled up
I was proven wrong.. this stall does serve good chicken rice.. not really outstanding but good and the portion size is also great.. you wont leave hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment